Turf VS Artificial
The big debate in the garden world, should I have turf or artificial grass in my back garden? Today we are going to share with you some advantages and disadvantages of both, to help you decide which is best for you.
By real turf, we mean the grass you grow. The grass you need to care for to keep looking healthy. Let us have a look deeper into this, will this be best for you?
– We find that real turf is much softer. Meaning that it will be nicer on your feet, especially if you are someone to walk around barefoot in the summertime.
– Personally, we think real turf looks nicer. Due to it being natural, it doesn’t give your garden a fake feel to it.
– You do need to care for real turf. It does need watering in the summer. Mowing all year round. It can take a lot of effort to keep your turf look perfect and cared for.
– You will find weeds in your garden with real turf. Including stinging nettles which can cause horrible pain if you were to touch one.
This is becoming more popular as the days pass. This is essentially just fake grass that you can have laid in your garden.
– It keeps its colour all year round. Natural turf does fade and can go brown, you will not find this with artificial turf due to it being made from plastic. You won’t be able to kill it off.
– It takes less care. As this turf will not grow, you do not need a lawnmower. You also do not need to water it due to it being fake.
– Sometimes artificial turf can look overly fake. Meaning your garden may not look as professional as you would like. This is due to some artificial turf being cheaply made